Showing all 4 results
Showing all 4 results
Half Bottles of Sweet Wine
The definition of a ‘Sweet Wine’ is a wine that exceeds 30 grams of residual sugar per litre and is the opposite of a ‘dry’ wine. Sweet wines tend to be of a higher alcohol by volume percentage as sugar is turned into alcohol during the fermentation process. The pairing potential of sweet wines is one of the reasons they are so popular, complimenting the powerful flavours of salty, fatty and even spicy food!
What are the best Sweet Wine Half Bottle brands?
There is a great selection of half bottle sweet wines to choose from here at The Little Fine Wine Company, including brands from around the world.
- Vietti Cascientta Moscato d’Asti – With almost 200 years of experience, the Vietti family are known for producing great Barolo, Barbera and red wines along with this sweet wine that's great as a dessert accompaniment or substitute.
- Carmes de Rieussec, Sauternes, Chateau Rieussec – Made by Chateau Rieussec and named after the monks that once owned the estate, this half-bottle sweet wine is full of fruity flavours that accompany both sweet and savoury food brilliantly.
- Chateau Rieussec Sauternes – Another half bottle sweet wine from Chateau Rieussec, owned by Domaines Barons de Rothschild with lots of experience in wine from Bordeaux Sauternes are known for their sweet flavour and aroma.
- JJ Prum Wehlener Sonnenhuhr Riesling Auslese – This German wine is made with grapes that aren't picked until November-December, resulting in a fresh flavour that goes great as an aperitif or pairing with savoury food.
- Paul Clover Noble Late Harvest Riesling – The Cluver family were the first to commercialise the vines and wine of the Elgin Valley in South Africa, and this zesty dessert wine shows the family sticking to its roots 4 generations on!
This selection of half bottle sweet wines offers a great range of styles and flavours that new and experienced wine enthusiasts will surely enjoy. Wine styles vary in sweetness on a scale from Bone Dry to Very Sweet, with half bottle sweet wines a great way to try various flavours. If you do fancy trying something we little different we have a huge range of wine which includes half bottle rose wine, red wines half bottles, white wines and much more.
Many of the sweet wine half bottles available here can also be categorised as Dessert Wines. These taste-filled wines are enjoyed along with or instead of a dessert at the end of a meal; they are sometimes referred to as pudding wines in the UK. The sweet flavour in these wines is achieved by winemakers stopping the fermentation process before all of the sugar has been converted into alcohol.
How to Drink Sweet Wine
Unlike many others in our half bottle of wine range the half bottle sweet wines available are recommended to be refrigerated before serving, though middle-aged wines should be left with some warmth. Sweet wines are usually sipped, making the 37.5cl half bottle sweet wine available here great as a dessert accompaniment. You will find a great range of foods that match these sweet wines; from a cheese board to a fruit crumble, why not try a sweet wine as part of your dessert?